Have you ever lost data from your HDD or felt worried after deleting important data? You don’t have worry now. Data recovery software comes to light here. Data recovery is a technique which helps us to recover lost or corrupted data from storage mediums like internal or external HDDs, USB flash drives and other electronic devices. There are many handy data recovery tools and software but let’s list the TOP FREE recovery tools along with their pros and cons
iBoysoft Data Recovery
iBoysoft Data recovery is a comprehensive data recovery tool for Windows.
- It is capable of recovering photos, videos, documents, music, audio and other files.
- It specializes in recovering deleted or lost data from internal hard disks, USB flash drives, SD cards, memory sticks and external hard drives.
- It is able to recover data from RAW/inaccessible/formatted/corrupted/crashed volumes or drives.
- It supports BitLocker data recovery, lost partition data recovery, APFS data recovery.
- It works with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X 10.7 to macOS 10.14.
- Recuva, one of the common data recovery tool provides wonderful features as jotted below:
- Recover pictures, music, documents, videos, emails or any other file type you’ve lost
- Recover files from damaged or newly formatted drives.
- Supports advanced deep scan mode that scours drives to find any traces of files you have deleted.
- It is a windows based recovery tool and can be used on any version of windows
- Recovers almost everything using its powerful recovery Engine.
- Supports all the windows versions including 64 bit systems.
- It’s faster and accurate with its simpler UI.
- Compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- Powerful tool to recover lost partitions when the hard discs are non-bootable.
- It’s a command line tool, so users need to be well-versed in command line interface.
- PhotoRec and TestDisk are utilities provided by CG securities.
- It can recover data from any kind of storage device.
- It is fast and efficient when compared to other recovery software.
- Works on windows xp and later versions of windows.
- It can recover images, audio files and most of the other file formats without any glitch.
PC Inspector File recovery:
- Most suited for file and data recovery on the file system even without data carrier.
- Not suitable if there is any mechanical disk failure, not recognized by BIOS or makes unusual noise.
- It is upward compatible from windows XP.
- Another advantage of this software is, we can use networked drives to store recovered files.
Wise data recovery:
- Recover lost files or photos quickly and easily.
- Compatible with all versions of windows.
- The best feature of this recovery tool is that it avoids overwriting of data.
- Deep scan, a common feature in data recovery software is not available in Wise.
- The recovery software with which we can recover documents, videos and photos. As it can also recover photos from digital camera memory cards, thus is named so.
- This software works well on windows, mac, Linux and almost all Unix systems.
- This recovers irrespective of the file system and works well with hdd, portable storage devices and media players too.
To conclude, I would suggest you to download each of the above recovery software and try a quick hands-on as each one has its own incomparable feature. All are absolutely free, so you don’t have to worry on cost center.