Since the early 2000s, social media platforms have become part and parcel of our daily lives. Platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube, with billions of users, are woven into the fabric of the everyday. Thus, there is no way that this ubiquitous force will not impact an eCommerce platform. It would not be erroneous to assert that eCommerce platforms and marketplaces have witnessed an unprecedented boom owing to social media platforms. So, if you are hiring an ecommerce web design company, make sure that they are also familiar with social media marketing.
- Higher Traffic – Getting colossal traffic is a prerequisite to achieving the end goal of sales of all eCommerce sites. And the goal can be achieved by combining top-tier website design with excellent social media marketing strategies. Thoughtful social media promotion ensures potential customers become aware of your brand and its products or services.
- Better Brand Authority – A strong and active social media marketing presence is a good way to show brand legitimacy and that you’re an actual company. Since anyone can create a social media page, users are now wary of fake pages and businesses that they can’t trust. Studies reveal that higher brand legitimacy is linked to better customer engagement. So, if you promote your website and products on social media, people will be automatically drawn to its appeal.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction – Social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook are a great way to stay connected with your customer base in an informal fashion. You can use them to show behind the scenes, new product sneak peek, host live sessions, throw giveaways, and much more. Thus, with better communication comes increased customer satisfaction and retention. Hence, it is imperative that the eCommerce web design company you rope in have a firm grasp of social media.
- Enhanced SEO – Search Engine Optimization or SEO can be an absolute game-changer for any eCommerce platform. Businesses of all scales and structures are always on their haunches to achieve higher SEO for sites as internet users rarely go beyond the first page of a Google search. As such, social media marketing can be an optimal trajectory to boost an eCommerce website’s SEO and quite literally stand out in the crowd.
- Better and Personalised Reach – It goes without saying that a vigorous social media presence can be a boon for an eCommerce platform. Considering the fact that 71 percent of all adults in the world use one or the other social media platform, businesses can expand their customer base by reaching out to them via platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc. Likewise, an adept social media campaign ensures that your website is accessed by the right people and becomes known among the ideal cohort. A lot of the promotion tools on platforms like Instagram and Facebook are targeted, a feature that businesses can make use of. Therefore, you must opt for an eCommerce design company that is dexterous with social media to make the most of every opportunity and ensure that your business reaches novel heights.